MUDr. Marie Součková
Born on 31. 7. 1953, podiatrist-trainer (certified podiatric physician), postgraduate specialisation in orthopaedics of the 1st and 2nd degree, also postgraduate specialisation in public health, certified courses in rehabilitation, physiatry, musculoskeletal medicine, lymphology, sonography and orthopaedic prosthetics.
More than 35 years of medical practice including in podiatry. Operator of the first private facility for comprehensive musculoskeletal system care including podiatry, with the provision of body care and pedicure services.
In 1992, a university teacher at the Institute for Postgraduate Medical Education in Prague (IPVZ Prague), intensive lecturing and publishing activities in the Czech Republic and abroad. In 2002 – 2004, the Minister of Health of the Czech Republic.
She also served as the chief physician of the Jáchymov Spa (Léčebné lázně Jáchymov a.s.), where in 2011 she successfully opened a comprehensive podiatric-orthopaedic centre, including medical pedicure, as the first such facility in the spas in the Czech Republic. Since 2012 she has been acting as the President of the Czech Podiatry Association. Since 2013 she has also been the chief physician at the Medical Podiatry Centre Prague (Lékařské podiatrické centrum Praha).
MUDr. Marie Součková – born on 31. 7. 1953
1972 – 1978– Faculty of General Medicine, the Charles University
1984 – postgraduate specialisation in orthopaedics of the 1st degree
1991 – postgraduate specialisation in orthopaedics of the 2nd degree
2004 – postgraduate specialisation in public health
1992 – now, lecturer at the Institute for Postgraduate Medical Education
2002 – 2004 – Minister of Health of the Czech Republic
2009 – chief physician of Léčebné lázně Jáchymov a.s.
2012 – 5/2018, President of the Czech Podiatry Association, 5/2018 - now 1. Vicepresident of the Czech Podiatry Association
2014 – chief physician at the Medical Podiatry Centre in Prague
Completed certified courses
- Rehabilitation Physiatry 2010
- Musculoskeletal medicine 1985 Lewit, 2012
- Lymphology 2006
- Sonography 1991, 1993
- Orthopaedic prosthetics 1991,1992
Licences and accreditations
- Holder of the Czech Medical Chamber licence – to perform the function of the chief physician in orthopaedics , to perform the function of a lecturer in medical practice, and to perform the function of a professional representative and a provider of consultancy services
- Holder of the accreditation of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to implement training programmes accredited under Act No 563/2004 Coll. on pedagogical staff and on the amendment to some other acts, as amended
- Lecturer of the accredited programme: Musculoskeletal System Under the Magnifying Glass – Healthy Children´s Feet
- Organiser and lecturer of the certified course Podiatry for Physicians held at the Institute for Postgraduate Medical Education in Prague
- Holder of the honorary title LADY PRO – awarded to women who have made extraordinary achievements in their managerial, business, political, sports, artistic or other important activities
MUDr. Marie Součková has had over 35 years of experience in medical practice, including podiatry. She has been running a private medical office in Prague 1, in the field of orthopaedics-podiatry, where thanks to her knowledge and skills acquired in other specialisations she has performed examinations of musculoskeletal system disorders, including sonography. In 2011, she opened the first comprehensive podiatric-orthopaedic centre, including medical pedicure, in the Czech Republic, namely in Jáchymov Spa. She frequently gives lectures and is engaged in publishing activities in the Czech Republic and abroad. Currently, she acts as the chief physician at the Medical Podiatric Centre in Prague.
She is a member of the Czech Medical Chamber, the Czech Red Cross, the Czech Podiatry Association, FIP-IFP (as the President of the Czech Podiatry Association she represents the Czech Republic as a delegate with a voting right), a member of the Czech Medical Association of J. E. Purkyně – the chairperson of the Podiatry section of the Orthopaedic Prosthetics, a member of the Society of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine, the Czech Society for Orthopaedics and Traumatology, and the Czech Society of Lymphology.
A member of the Accreditation Committee of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic
She cooperates with foundations and associations – Vulnerable Children´s Fund - Klokánek, civic organisation of oncological patients MammaHelp.